Have a picture frame designed to suit your artwork, your taste and your creativity… a frame you won’t have to choose from a narrow range of samples.
Hand finished frames | Hardwood frames | Conservation framing
Free Range Frames has moved!
I am now open for business at Market House in Canton - see directions for how to find my workshop entrance.
- Have you been searching for a truly bespoke picture framer – someone who’s interested in the creative process and can make you a unique frame?
- Have you got a picture in your attic, garage or spare room that you’ve been meaning to get framed for ages?
- Do you have no idea what sort of frame you want… and perhaps you’re put off by the prospect of having to decide on colour, style and finish?
- Are you worried you’ll end up with a frame that looks as if it came from a high street shop – something that looks cheap and doesn’t reflect your taste or complement the artwork?
- Have you been disappointed in the past by picture framers who didn’t listen to what you wanted, didn’t seem to have any passion for their work – and didn’t really seem to care about you or your artwork?
I’m here to help.
- Print makers
- Anyone who has a piece of artwork (from a portrait to a postcard!) that’s important to them and deserves a beautiful, good quality frame.
"Katharine took the time to talk through what we wanted. She really knew how to bring the best out of the art with a great frame that completely complements the picture."
Laura Dalgleish, London
A stress-free design process
I’ll guide you through the design and decision making process. You’ll have free reign to let your imagination and creativity run riot.
You’ll have a unique frame with a customised finish, designed and made to suit your taste, your artwork and where it will live.
A beautiful result
Your frame will enhance your artwork without detracting attention from it, as well as protecting it.
“Katharine is a real pleasure to work with. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a professional framer who will treat the framing with as much care and attention as was taken over the artwork.”
Jude Law, print maker at The Printhaus
1. Email me to arrange a visit
And bring your artwork along! My workshop is in Cardiff, South Wales; if you’re further afield we’ll have our consultation by email or phone and arrange for you to send your artwork securely.
2. We’ll talk through design options
We’ll have a chat about your artwork, and I’ll guide you through the process of deciding how best to frame it in a way that suits your taste, the artwork and where it will live.
3. I’ll send you a quote
Then you let me know if you’d like me to go ahead – there’s no obligation. If you decide to go ahead I’ll schedule the work in and let you know when your frame will be ready.
- You are under no obligation to go ahead with the work once you’ve had my quote – if you decide not to go ahead, let me know and if you’ve left your artwork with me we’ll arrange a time for you to collect it.
- I’ll guide you through the collaborative process of deciding how best to frame your artwork. I’ll listen to your ideas and suggestions and offer my professional opinion on the aesthetics and practicalities.
- You can be assured that your artwork will be well cared for and safely stored and handled.
"Until I visited Free Range Frames and met Katharine, the whole business of framing my oil paintings had become something of a nightmare. There seemed to be a limited choice of style and colour locally and I found it difficult to visualise the final effect from the few inches of sample frame provided. In contrast, Katharine's creative and sensitive approach to framing is a very positive experience. She is responsive to suggestions and nothing is too much trouble. Her frames are beautifully put together and she has an excellent eye for colour."
Mary Lace, artist